Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cooking 101

I like to cook. I especially like to try new recipes. However I am not the best at it. My husband Jesse likes to give me crap about using the smoke detector as my kitchen timer. I say it works well and then make him eat it anyway. HAHAHA. I am so excited though cause I have been on a roll lately. The last three new recipes that I tried were fantastic, he loved them and the smoke detector didn't go off at all. I have been doing theme nights. The first one was kinda a euro thing, we had french onion soup, steaks and fondue. Then we had a french night with sweet and savory crepes. The savory crepes had chicken, sautéed mushrooms and onions in it and then had a mushroom and cheese morney sauce on top. The sweet crepes had strawberries and whipped cream on them and I added sugar and vanilla extract to the batter so that they would be sweet. And then last night was pizza night. Homemade pizzas with homemade dough and everything. And a fruit pizza with cream cheese and whipped cream "sauce" and topped with strawberries and kiwi. They were all amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment