Tuesday, March 3, 2015

D-Day

It's D-day for me, as in departure day. I am leaving Portland headed toward the first day of the rest of my life. And will return a different woman. I have struggled with weight my whole life and tried numerous different diets to no avail. After years I finally decided to contact a professional and found out that I have a hormone problem, a thyroid problem and a metabolic disorder. A triple threat of obesity. I have been diligently working hard for the past two years to improve my health and change my life style. I now eat differently, exersize and have lost 44 pounds. The climax of my journey comes tomorrow when I will enter the hospital and have a sleeve gastrectomy to help lose the remaining 125lbs of excess weight that I carry. When I leave the hospital on Thursday a new part of my journey begins. One that will allow me to live life to the fullest. A life where u can fit confortable in an airplane seat, where I can ride roller coasters, and where I can walk my dog around the block with out needing an inhaler or a nap afterward. I am so excited to be entering this phase of my life. Following the recovery from my surgery I will also be entering my first nursing classes. I will finally be able to look my patients in the eye and discuss their health and what they need to improve upon without feeling like a hypocrite.
My bus to the hospital leaves in 30 mins. SO EXCITED!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment