Friday, November 21, 2014

Precious time

It is with a heavy heart that I write this today.  I realize now how selfish I have been.  I have allowed life to get in the way of what is important and I took time for granted. I thought that if I could just do what needed to be done then I would have time later for the important stuff like family and friends.  So I have gone about my life working, going to school and neglecting to spend time with the people that are important to me. There was always an excuse, too tired, too much homework, needed to study and now I realize how stupid those excuses are.  Friends and family should be a priority in life because u never know when u will run out of time. My aunt Betty lives in the same town as I do and it has been maybe two years since I have seen her and spent any quality time with her and now there is no time left. She passed away this morning and has joined many of our other family members above to watch over us. Aunt Betty was the kindest most wonderful person that I have ever known. I hope she is currently celebrating the fact that she is no longer in pain and that she has been reunited with the many others that we miss so dearly. 

My goal as human as of today is to be a better person, a person like Betty. Someone who knows the importance of family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment